Consisting of some of the most beautiful countries in the world, the Balkan cities have managed to attract a lot of travelers across the decades.
Not only do the Balkan regions have cultural diversity but they are famous for their generous people, too.
In the same spirit and essence, India is one country that represents diversity and cultural richness at a vast scale.
A Balkan traveler will have a lot to explore in the Indian subcontinent. India has remained an interesting destination for a fair number of Balkan travelers. Each year, a good number of tourists from Istanbul arrive to explore various holiday packages in India.
India is famous not only for its culture but also for its rich history that dates back to one of the oldest human civilizations in the world.
Moreover, a quote which goes like “The taste of water changes every 3 km and dialect every 12 km in India”, tells the India story the best. Here are a few reasons why people of the Balkans would find it completely worth to enjoy a few India tour packages:
• Diversity: With more than 22 languages and over 1,000 dialects, you can understand how diverse India is. Even amidst so much diversity, there is a sense of unity amongst the people of India. They have stood together through different times and celebrated each and every festival of all the religions with aplomb. People here are glad of the diversity and embrace every culture with warmth.
• Food: From the beginning of the time, a palatable cuisine has been one of the prime focus for this food-loving country. And due to diversity, food has evolved so much in India that it changes phenomenally while traveling from one state another. From Idli-Sambhar in South India to Aloo parathas in the North and Dal Bhati Churma in West to delicious Thukpa in the East, one thing that is sure is that you will get to taste a lot of delicacies.
• History: Home to Indus Valley Civilization, India has seen a lot of civilizations flourishing here in the past and in the process leaving their footprints here. From centuries-old temples in Chennai to one of the biggest mosques in the world, India has some of the oldest monuments that still remind us of the good old days. Visiting India becomes more interesting when you visit these places to see for yourself all the things that make them important and remarkable, whether it be the their history, legend, or architecture.
• People: With the second largest population in the world, India is home to the people of various religions and communities. Still, one thing that keeps the people of India together is the patriotism towards the country and respect for each other. When you visit India, the first thing that strikes you is the welcoming nature of people and their generous attitude. You can ask anyone and they will testify that the people here go to any lengths to make you feel comfortable and wanted. After all, this is the country that upholds the Sanskrit view: “Atithi Devo Bhavah” (Guest visitors are akin to Gods).
• Architecture: With so many rulers from across the world trying to get a stronghold in India, what they left behind was such a mix of architectures that is hard to see in any other country of the world. From intricate Muslim architecture of Taj Mahal to Baroque architecture of Basilica of Bom Jesus and Hindu Rajput architecture of Hawa Mahal to a strong Sikh architecture of Golden Temple, it’s just marvelous to discover so many aspects.
• Folk Art: One thing that sets India apart is its folk art. Kept alive by its local people these traditions are the real heritage of this country, although many of the folk arts have become extinct but a few are flourishing even today. Take the example of Kanchipuram sarees that take various days to finish or the Kolhapuri Chappals. India also has a vivid variety of music and dance forms which are practiced even now. Some of them being Kathakali dance form of Kerala and Gatka of Punjab.
• Adventure: India is a top destination for adventure seekers as well as it also offers a great amount of geographical medley. India is home not only to the longest and prettiest beaches in the world, but largest peaks in the world too. India has deserts like Thar as well as places like Mawsynram which is the wettest place in the world.
Even if these reasons are not good enough for you, then visit India to experience the life on the Ghats of river Ganga in Varanasi or the beautiful valleys of Srinagar. Kerala, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, etc. are some more exciting holiday destinations in India. There is so much to do in India that some people say you can’t explore India in its entirety even in a lifetime.
Gets you interested? Pack your bags and roll on for a trip to India to remember forever!
Image credit: www.rediff.com and travel.siliconindia.com